Thursday, August 18, 2011

Am I aware?

Is not reacting to this movement, being indifferent towards my country?

Its getting difficult to decipher the entire India against corruption movement! Being able to witness the 2nd freedom struggle (this is what its being referred to as) on the lines of Gandhian philosophy is like revisiting our history textbooks... Its overwhelming to see the kind of support Anna has been able to gather, but am still not sure if WE the people are on the streets to support Lokpal or to voice out against corruption.... How many of us have read the proposition of the Lokpal committee and the draft made by the parliament?? I have my doubts on that too... It seems more like - let's participate in the rally as its cool and its in nowadays... The movement has become a way for all of us to update our status messages and profile pictures on social networking sites and blackberrys more often than anything else... I haven't been able to find my connect with this so far... Yes, corruption does affect us! But my question is, will implementing this bill solve this problem or create many more?? My concern is that in the midst of all this noise about Lokpal, are we being made to overlook something much more grave that may be happening!!!

Hope your thinking!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment